Being a fan of mechanical keyboards, I decided to try my hand at building one.
It’s been a while since I last tried soldering, so to be on the safe side I used a hot swap PCB that the switches clip into.
- DZ60 CNC Plate in Steel
- Zealios 65g switches
- GMK Screw-in Stabilizers
- 60% bamboo case
- Dz60rgb Hot Swap Custom keyboard PCB
- MiTo GMK Laser keycaps
Assembly was fairly straightforward, the only issue being that sometimes the legs on the switches would fold down, but these are easily fixed with pillars.
From there it’s just a case of flashing the PCB with QMK firmware, with a few mods here and there for
~ and backtick placement.
The keyboard is pretty great, I love the case and the lid for transporting it. However if I could make additional modification, it would be to add feet to the case for a better typing angle.